Friday, April 28, 2006

Being Crucified with Christ

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

My prayer for the day. That the reality of this verse sinks into my heart.

I have been crucified with Christ. Does this mean that all my fleshy junk died, too? Does this mean that I don't have to get frustrated with my kids when they don't behave as I think they should? That I can walk in peace and choose to, instead of REACTING, I can be kind and gentle. That means that I don't have to lie down and accept whatever, but I can gracefully deal with the circumstances that come my way, because I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God. Each step I take, each task I tackle, each breath I take, I do it all by faith in the Son of God. I can choose to let this be a normal Friday, allowing my circumstances to swallow me whole and get frustrated and angry and out of peace (yes, this happens every Friday) or I can remember that the life I live in my body, I will live by faith in the Son of God, faith that I can tackle this day gracefully, gently, knowing that the Son of God loves me. The Son of God loves ME. The Son of God loves me, Debbie. The Son of God loves me. He gave himself for me. For ME. For me. The Son of God loves me and gave himself for me.

Lord, as I go through this day, make this verse alive in me. Debbie has been crucified with Christ and she no longer lives, but Christ in her. The life she lives in the body, she lives by faith in the Son of God, who loved her and gave himself for her.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

And I am OUTRAGEOUSLY LOVED. <~~~~ That is a clickable link to some awesome words.

No comments: