Wednesday, May 23, 2007

When Kings Pray and Fast

Originally posted May 11, 2007

I had finished the book I started this past week. That's quite an accomplishment. Why? Because it's been YEARS since I have been able to read a book all the way through.

The title of this book is When Kings Pray and Fast by Kingsly Fletcher. It's an AWESOME book. And it's not talking about when the kings of this world pray and fast. It's talking about when WE as kings pray and fast. Revelation 1:4-6 shows us that we are kings and priests with Christ.

I usually accompany my husband to church on Thursday nights. He's there to practice with the worship team and I'm there to get out of the house and spend some time by myself. :)

I left my computer at home (on purpose) and brought my crochet and the book. I was left alone for a good 10 minutes and started reading the book. I started weeping while reading it. Not because of anything the authored had said, but because of what I believe the Lord was working in me through the book. So, I got up from the table where I was at and moved into the "mother's nursing room" so I could be alone when people started showing up. I spent the next 2 1/2 hours in that room reading, praying, weeping, interceding for certain things. Let me tell you it was the most awesome 2 1/2 hours I have ever spent. I also finished the book. I read over 200 pages in that time. I came out of that room completely refreshed. It was awesome.

Now, I don't know if the Lord will do that to everyone who reads this book, but I started this book for a reason. I know that a fast is to abstain from food or to abstain from SOMETHING. But I needed to dive deeper into the life of prayer and fasting. This book opened my spirit to that. It showed me the importance of a life of prayer and fasting. I pray. But the fasting part has always been a bit of a struggle with me. Knowing more about this has changed my mind.

If you are at all interested in the life of prayer and fasting, I suggest you get this book. I would even loan it to you if you are unsure if you want to purchase it.

No comments: