Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday's Touch

1 Corinthians 14:1,2 - Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit. But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.

When I was cleaning out my truck this morning, I felt led to pray and ask the Lord to give me another word for someone I may encounter (outside my church) today. I got into the house, and after scolding the children for not getting their chores done (real spiritual, huh?), I sat down at the table and I just kept hearing in my thoughts, "I delight in you", and, of course, that thought made me smile - both on the inside and on the outside. I received that word for myself, but I knew that the Lord wanted me to share with that certain someone (probably someone at Game Stop) something about Him delighting in them.

I went to my trusty website for looking up Bible verses (I pray that one day, these verses will just be there in the front of my mind, the verses and where they are) and typed in the word DELIGHT. As I clicked the link SEARCH, I saw on the front page the word DELIGHT. Then my browser took me to the list of bible verses that have DELIGHT in them. I immediately clicked the back arrow and saw that the Bible verse of the day is Zephaniah 3:17 - “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”

Photobucket

I just sat and soaked in God's love for a moment. I knew that this was not a coincidence and that this was the Bible verse I was to share.

I went out to my truck to find a note card (preferably one without flowers on it as I'm guessing this is going to a guy) and wrote out that I was praying for them and got the word delight and wrote that Bible verse.

I ended the note saying Smile! Jesus loves you and takes GREAT delight in you.

This giving of words gets easier and is SO much fun. My heart is rejoicing with the opportunity to share God's love with people I don't know and people who aren't expecting it.

I spent years INSIDE my church giving prophetic words to people, but I knew that was my training ground and that the Lord wants to reach the people who aren't in church. I'm so excited to be doing this. God is good and God is love.

No comments: