Thursday, October 04, 2007

Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair

No I'm not drunk or divorced. Today, is, in fact, my husband's and mine 15th wedding anniversary. I AM, however, covered in cat hair.

I also picked up a copy of a book with this title last night. I read the author's blog. She's got quite a way with words. I love, love, love this book. "The true-life misadventures of a 30-something who learned to knit after he split."

If you are looking for a book where you can laugh and cry, I'd suggest checking it out. The book is written by Laurie Perry and my Barnes & Noble had it stuck in the arts & crafts section. It DOES have some kitting patterns in it, so I guess they figured, why not?

Excerpt from Chapter 10 - All I had heard since Charlie moved out was, "Laurie, maybe you should take up a hobby or something. Stay busy, it will keep your mind off things." Har har. Well, the joke's on you now, all you future recipients of thousands of scarves! I have a hobby, dammit!

I loved knitting so much that I didn't even care how well it cemented my role as the crazy cat lady spinster. At work, I proudly showed off my knitting to every single person who stopped by my desk. You want a banner ad? First, admire my knitting! You need a logo resized? No problem, let me tell you all about knitting class!

That's all. You'll have to buy your own copies!

No, I cannot relate completely, but the way she writes just pulls me in and forces me to have complete compassion for her situation. And I CAN relate to the yarn/knitting references, even though I tried knitting once and don't like it.

Laurie's website is Crazy Aunt Purl.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

My Mother is a master knitter! She is so talented. I am still, after 12 yrs, a beginner crocheter. *grin*

I dropped by to let you know that my 8 yr old has started to crochet. I have taught her the little I know. I am very good at reading instructions in a book and learning the stitch, however I am not good at knowing when to switch rows..*groan* It can be frustrating. I will have to post a photo at my blog one day and show you!

((Hugs)) Jessie