Saturday, June 09, 2007

Purse Hanger

I had been surfing Wikipedia and came across Rose McGowan's page. Yes, I used to watch Charmed. ;)



I learned there that Rose and her friend, Natasha, started Pinken Mint making and selling purse caddies. I went to that site and found out what purse caddies were. I had never seen or heard of these. How cool! A hook you place on a tabletop to hang your purse. It keeps your purse right next to you instead of on a chair back or on the floor, yuck! Well, their prices were a bit more than what I would want to spend (although I would never turn down one of their beautiful caddies) so I went searching.



C&W Designs has beautiful hangers but were still a little expensive for my taste.



Flo's Accessories sells purse hangers at a fraction of the cost. They aren't as gorgeous, but there are some nice designs and lots of choices. But, the cost was still a little higher than what I wanted to spend. I'm not cheap, but I do live on a budget.



I did a bit more searching and found some, but the less expensive they got, the cheaper they looked. I didn't want my purse dropping to the floor.



Finally, I went to ebay. I found quite a few. Some looked the same as what I found with web searches, but I still couldn't find the one I wanted to spend my cash on. Then I found Sandstone Designs. There were different kinds of hangers and one that I saw said it held up to 20lbs. But some of the hangers didn't say how heavy a purse/bag it would hold. So I contacted the seller and she told me that the ones that said 20lbs were the only ones that held 20lbs. Ok. So those are what I'm looking at. Now, which design? Well, I made my decision, clicked on the "Buy it Now" button and paid for it. I suppose I could have driven to her home to pick it up since she doesn't live far, but she mailed it off and 2 days later it came in the mail. It's lovely and I'm completely amazed that it works. I love it.








So, if you are interested in one of these lovely purse hangers, you can check out any of the links I included, search on your own, but I love the hanger I got from Sandie at Sandstone Designs. I don't know if she made them, but it was a very smooth transaction with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are cute! Mine came from this site http://www.couturecaddy.com - they have a pretty good variety.